Turnblad Castle was built by Swan J . Turnblad.
The construction of the house began in 1904. Four years later the
turnblads moved in. The castle has 33 rooms including a grand hall
and a room made especially for a viking vessel that is 5th to 6th
Century AD. In 1972 the mansion was added to the list of the National
Register of Historic Places.
The castle is located at 2600 Park Avenue, and is now the home of
The American Swedish Institute
Back to Home Page
Photo courtesy of Paul Ford.