The Eisenbeis built what was the largest, private residence ever built in Port Townsend. Locals referred to the building as the "Eisenbeis Castle;". Charles died in 1902 and Kate remarried a few years later. The Castle was left empty for almost 20 years except for a caretaker.
In l927 the Jesuit priests purchased the building for use as a training college. They named the complex Manresa Hall after the town in Spain where Ignatius Loyola founded the order.
The name Manresa Castle is a combination of the two former names, "Manresa Hall" and "Eisenbeis Castle".
For more information, contact;
7th & Sheridan, PO Box 564, Port Townsend, WA 98368
Phone (360) 385-5750; Fax: (360) 385-5883
TOLL FREE 1-800-732-1281
Visit the Manresa Castle web page.
To return to this page, click on the BACK button.
Back to Home Page